Sunday, August 1, 2010

DAY 27..... July 28 2010


A change of scenery! Every Monday-Friday I slug into work. I sit in the back and usually fall asleep before we get to the HOV, waking up just in time for the Pentagon exit. However, sometimes it's not so simple...... not every slugging experience is so pleasant. In fact, 9 times out of 10, it's miserable. The music's too loud or there's no music at all, or even worse.... the radio version of CSPAN!!! The air is either blasting turning me into a human popsicle, or no air at all. They drive like a maniac with a license to kill, or like a grandma or her Sunday drive through the country side.

But today, I'm the driver and I have the power to make this the best commute of four lucky riders' lives! I did my best to make sure all were comfortabley cool, music at the perfect volume, and got us to work safely but in good time. It's obvious that all my bad experiences made me more sympathetic to the rider as a driver. I wish were required to go through at least one miserable rider experience!!

In conclusion, drivers need to get with the program and stop making my commute more painful than it already is. As for the riders of Northern Virginia... well, I salute you.

No comments: