Friday, April 22, 2011

Week 43


This week's installment: The end result of Morgan's hours upon hours spent in the studio slaving away to achieve IVS Gallery greatness! You'll have to ask her all about it to be fully amazed by the creativity and detail as I cannot do it justice with this photo alone. This is what I can tell you from what she told me in art talk: They took star maps and layed them out in an area and where the constellations for each season ended up that's where they would plant flowers that bloom in that season (EPIC!!) and then there was a feature with water and the way the water would hit these materials would make different noises to not only sound and look pretty but to block out street noise. I probably just explained it all wrong but it's awesome, just take my word for it! Even though I never left Harrisonburg and the Gallery is in Roop Hall where I took statistics, I felt like Carrie Bradshaw for a brief moment going to a very important Gallery Opening for my good friend Charlotte York

No comments: