Sunday, May 15, 2011

DAY 314... 13 May 2011


Made it to my first destination with help from Ash and Dad! A 3 hour layover is the perfect opportunity to blog! The flight to Newark was as smooth as can be, aside from my cabin companion: a middle aged woman who stole the window seat my mother had reserved for me. After glancing at my ticket then at the seating diagram overhead and finally to her multiple times, it was apparent she was either completely oblivious to her surroundings or realized she stole my seat and was choosing to ignore me. Either way, she had to pay. Since it’s only a 30 minute flight and there was no sunset/sunrise action to be captured, I let it slide (but let it be known to all other cabin companions on this trip and all trips in the future that such flight behavior will NOT be tolerated anymore… you’ve been warned). I decided to retaliate by hogging the shared arm rest in its entirety and staring out the window past her (at times while she slept) the entire flight to make her uncomfortable… I sure showed her. In the end I didn’t know whether to be made at her for stealing my beloved window seat, thank her for making the flight go faster as I thought up mean things to say to her the whole 30 minutes, or feel bad for her and her apparent Harvest Cheddar Sunchip addiction as she scarfed down a bag and had 2 more waiting in her purse… now for food, a potty break, and more waiting! Stay tuned for what was served on my 8 hr flight to Barcelona!

No comments: