Monday, May 16, 2011

DIA 316... 15 de Mayo 2011

Today was my first full day in Tarragona and after getting over a severe case of jetleg mis padres y yo went for a walk around old Tarragona during the Roman times! (And I'm just going to say it, my host family is the best host family ever. Elena, Manuel, Pau, and Nina son los mejores.) We live on the main street in Tarragona called La Rambla Nova and at the end of the street is the Mediterranean Balcony from which you can see the ocean and also the Roman Ampitheatre where people used to fight to death with other people or animals. Most of the Old Tarragona is surrounded by stone wall that was constructed over time by different groups (which is evident in the different styles of construction and varying sizes of stone)The buildings within Old Tarragona have been restored recently so that people can live in the apartments there but the streets are very narrow and there is no place to park a car! We walked by the Cathedral and a plaza I forget the name of (oops!) where the city council building is. We ended where we started at el Balcon where a street performer was doing a show and all the little kids were in the very front row eating ice cream. One little girl dropped her entire ice cream scoop off the cone and that's just sad in any language. Luckily se padre was gracious enough to swap with her. haha We had dinner and I watched a match of futbol. Real Madrid won in case you were wondering. :) The pictures are of my room, the view from el balcon behind the fattest palm tree I've ever seen, the cathedral and the streets of Old Tarragona.




2 comments:

Ashley Viars said...

OMG I LOVE YOUR PICS AND I WISH I WAS THERE WITH YOU RIGHT THIS INSTANT!!!

So glad your having a good time Lyss!! Miss you tons already!!

AV said...

back at ya girlfran :)