Wednesday, June 15, 2011

DAY 346/347... 13-14 June 2011


Back in the states! I'll miss speaking spanish everyday, being able to walk everywhere, and eating the delicious gelato (my favorite being chocolate peanut with real chocolate covered peanuts and also crunched up peanuts right in the ice cream!). But things I won't miss: 1. the ridiculous amount of pigeons and having to worry about them pooping on you at any moment in the day. 2. The insane amount of PDA on the streets, on buses, at the beach, etc. too much. 3. The ruthless Spanish men who honk at you on your way to school. Come on! I'm here to learn spanish, not be harassed. 3. The dirty looks they ive you for wearing shorts, even dress code appropriate khaki shorts. Hello, it's 85 degrees outside. I should be starring at you for wearing combat boots, dark pants, a long-sleeve, and a blazer. 4. pan y jamon. I may never eat bread or ham again.

No comments: