I don't watch much television but when I do, I make it count. One of my favorites is Cash Cab which I watch two days this week and turned off every time Ben Bailey's segment finished and the new girl on Cash Cab started as a sign of protest. Beth, is it? You are not Ben Bailey. My sister and I used to say we would find the cash cab (and when I say "used to" I mean "still intend to") You're thinking, "How are you going to do that? You know there are 13,000 cabs in New York?!" and to that I say "yes, I am well aware of that because it's in the intro to Cash Cab." But we have strategically used the little digital maps they show when the customer tells Ben Bailey the destination to pinpoint the most frequent beginning points. By narrowing down where he drives most, we're sure to find him.
It's basically Jeopardy in a cab but better for three basic reasons. 1. You get to here where all these crazy people (usually with an emphasis on the crazy)go in New York (like today 2 ladies and a small child named Greta were on their way to the "cheese store" whatever that means... ) 2. The questions are reasonable and you can actually guess most of them if you listen to the hints Ben puts in every question. 3. It's hilarious to watch people freak out at, or even better if they remain completely indifferent to, the flashing disco floor on the ceiling on the cab at the very beginning. Oh, ok there's a fourth.. 4. RED LIGHT CHALLENGE!!!! The downside is it's really frustrating when people don't know the answer. I'm actually a little afraid for the future of humanity when you don't know what a Tamagotchi is or where Harry Potter goes to school (two questions missed today. How very concerning).
2 comments:
AH HAHAHA Lyss you crack me UP!!! I could literally hear these words coming out of your mouth as I read it, your hilarious!! And man, what time does cash cab come on again?! Sleeping during the day and working at night is RUINING my tv viewing pleasure....
right when I get home from work (5ish?)because I always feel motivated to exercise after a long day in a computer chair.. then Cash Cab comes on and all my resolve is out the window!
Post a Comment