Thursday, June 23, 2011
DAY 355/356... 22/23 June 2011
The last two days we have driven to work instead of slugging. Both have been the only two days I've been awake and also been in the front seat. These two factors made it possible for me to notice the fantastic view that is only seen by those making the trek to D.C. northbound at the wee hours of the morning (approximately 5:45am). Since pictures still aren't working (and let's be real, I was too lazy to bring my camera on the journey so I have no pictures to show you even if technology weren't failing me miserably right now) I will paint you a mental picture that will in no way compare to the real deal but will hopefully encourage you to see it for yourself! As you approach the ramp where the HOV empties into a stop sign taking you to the Pentagon you can see off in the distance the silhouette of the capital building against the sunrise boiling above the sunrise like lava. It really is quite lovely and the best way possible to start a long day in northern Virginia.
Labels:
D.C.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment