For translation class we were "priveleged" to have the "honor" of hearing the "world renowned" and "leading expert in translations" Dr. Anthony Pym come speak with us. The words in quotes are just some of the choice words our professor used to introduce our speaker today. Needless to say, our professor may or may not be slightly obsessed with this Anthony Pym character. All jokes aside, he was a pretty smart aussie.
Finally after spanish class and lunch I returned home to find my underwear in all the colors of the rainbow folded and stacked neatly on my bed. First off, let me tell you that apparently people don't wear colorful underpants over here, which if you ask me is just boring. Second, I have made it 3.5 weeks of my 4 week stay here without Elena doing my laundry. Everytime she says "si tienes ropa sucia puedo lavarlas por ti!" I just respond with a "oh ok thanks, I'll throw them in later". I have managed to sneak my laundry in and out with the rest of the family's just so she wouldn't have to see my unmentionables.. until today. I realize she is a mom and she's seen plenty of underpants before but I just wanted to save her the akwardness of folding a 21 year old stranger's underpants. Oh well. I'm cool with it. Thanks ELENA!
4 comments:
bah haha oh lyss, you crack me up....that market looks....disgusting. haha i would have vomited, but cool experience!!! soak up your last week dude!!
That market reminds me of Italy! And seeing that fish laying on he ice makes me think of the time I asked for ice in my drink. The waiter walked over to the fish in the window and took a fillet knife and chiseled me a piece of bloody ice and plunked it in my glass with his bare hands. Needless to say...I was thirsty after THAT meal!
Poor rabbits.
Poor little conejos is right! and thanks for the tip Linda: use caution when ordering iced beverages in Italy haha
Post a Comment