Saturday, June 11, 2011

DIA 343... 11 de junio 2011


My host family and I spent our last day the same way we spent the first day, lunch with Manuel's mother at the country house just outside Tarragona. I think they warned her I'm a picky eater because she told me if there is anything I don't like to just let her know... not necessary because it was all delicious, per the usual! Later I ran to the beach for a few finals hours of Mediterranean sun. At 9pm my family took me out for a dinner of traditional tapas shared among the entire table which in my opinion is the BEST way to go about meal times. You get a little bit of everything, kind of like at E-hall, but a lot better. We had pan con tomate, these little green peppers grilled with kosher salt (or sal gordo), a dish made of fried eggs, ham, and potatoes, patatas bravas, a plate of assorted cheeses, calamari, and then the meat! It was so good I could barely stop myself from licking the plate clean. I shall miss Elena, Manuel, Pau, Nina and Julia dearly but they already said I must come back next year and quite frankly I have no problem with making this trip an annual thing. They said last night they were honored to have Tarragona be my first taste of Europe and the feeling is mutual! Although I’m not going to move here or attempt to obtain dual citizenship I can say Tarragona has become a kind of third home to me right behind Stafford and Harrisonburg. Hasta la proxima vez Tarragona.

No comments: