Friday, July 29, 2011

The Goosebumps Playlist


No.. not that Goosebumps.
This is a post dedicated to the songs that give me goosebumps without fail. The idea was prompted by my friend Shannon who showed me Brooke Fraser who is a completely adorable singer/songwriter from New Zealand who wrote about her visit to Rwanda. These are just a few I can think of off the top of my head. It might be the tragically sad story it tells, the rediculous talent, or something altogether indescribable that causes the goosebumps! Enjoy :)
*Also note that in addition to goosegumps, some have the ability to bring tears about or a heavy sigh at the conclusion. I call this the triple threat.
1. Brooke Fraser- Albertine
(look up the story behind the song and it will cause extreme goosebumps)
2. Dan Auerbach- When the Night Comes
(co-frontman of Black Keys duo goes solo and it works for him I must say)
3. Nikki Yanofsky- Take the A-Train (yes, she's canadian but she'll make you love Jazz, and Harlem... ?)
4. Martina McBride- Concrete Angel (if you don't shed a tear, you are a robot without a soul. Also, my aunt is probably goin to pee her pants that I put Martina on this playlist. She's crazy about Martina... here's a sign she made for her birthday at a concert.


5. Vitamin C- Graduation (yup, still gets me...)
6. Elton John- Your Song (who doesn't love a little Elton?!?! Am I right, people?!)

2 comments:

Ashley Viars said...

i went back to read this blog because i was appalled at myself after talking with you this weekend that i had possibly missed a day of your blog!!! i apologize...and i love this one so much, i read it a second time.

where would i be without your infinite witty posts?

AV said...

hmm, were would you be? Probably doing productive things with your life but who needs to be productive 24/7? I'm honored you choose to spend a little of your YOU time on ME! :)