Monday, August 15, 2011

Oil that is, Black Gold, Texas Tea.

A big thanks to our truck and also Mrs. Linda for inspiring the title of this post. If the present day Beverly Hillbillies went camping... this is what it would look like. We might even be a little worse. But I assure you it was all meticulously packed by mother and utilized on our long weekend away in Marion, VA at the lovely Hungry Mother State Park.


The weather was superb, the food was deliciouus, no bugs to be found, the kayaking was perfect, Chance had fun, we had some visitors, and don't even get me started on the s'mores.... heavenly.

It did thunder, lightning, and rain like the monsoon season stage of Jumanji but that wasn't the unpleasant part. My least favorite part of the trip was our not so neighborly neighbors who will remain nameless. Mother, father, 10 year old son, and 5 year old twins were constatly tie-dye clad and the parents wore a coal mining flashlight on her forhead. So not only were they stuck in the 70's but also in a coalmine apparently. And those twins with their stupid lightsabers... dare I say they ALMOST ruined Star Wars for me which for the record I would have never forgiven them for... Regardless, best camping trip this side of the Tennessee border :) And we crossed something else off the bucket list, DRIVE-IN MOVIE! And it was and cool as I thought it would be!