Sunday, June 9, 2013

3rd Annual Vendor Awards in Penn Treaty Park

For my first Saturday in Philadelphia, I decided to volunteer for the Vendy's, an event put on by the Food Trust.  Around 15 of Philly's finest food trucks gathered in scenic Penn Treaty Park to battle it our for the annual award.

There were quite a few volunteers so we set up pretty quickly. The food trucks began preparing their food for the hundreds of expected customers (tickets were $45 for all you can eat food truck delights and Brooklyn brand beer). Before the event started and the hoards of Vendy goers were allowed in the gates, the volunteers got their fill of food with no lines! Naturally, I tried all that I could and ended up extremely full.

After stuffing my face, the gates opened at 2pm and I was on t-shirt selling duty/voting ballot patrol. The rain held off and it wasn't too warm, all in all a very succesful day! And all the trucks I voted for won! Best food truck, best sweet truck, messiest food (Tide was there to clean us up with samples!)


Battered Fried Wisconsin CHEESE curds. And lots of them.

Madame Zona's Posh Ganache and Pistachio Chai from the Cupcake Carnival Truck.


Braised Metballs and Sriracha Deviled Eggs from the Foo Truck


Jimmies Cupcake Truck
 
 
The LeBron James.

 
From the King of Falafel himself.
 
YUM. Chocolate w/ Salted Caramel Brownie from the Lil Pop Shop.

The View
 
 

No comments: