Monday, January 12, 2015

Catching up in 2015

I am wayyyy behind on my blogging for a few reasons. For starters, it's been a busy winter and time for blogging has been scarce. And for another, it is hard to get out amidst the snow and sleet to find something picture-worthy to post!

Here's what I've been up to!

Wrapping up the living room "Wildflower" collage! I finally finished up the paintings in the living room Linda and I started Easter weekend 2014... took me long enough but I am so happy with how it turned out. Linda contributed the beautiful poppies and adorably delicious strawberries. Now I just need to muster the strength and creativity for my next work of art :)



Climbing outside (less so now than in the fall but you get a nice semi-warm day when the frost thaws and the rocks are clime-able... ) and enjoying this super cool hammock my friend Jeni brought. Honestly, the hammock-sitting can be just as enjoyable as the rock climbing.


Celebrating birthdays and enjoying the company of GREAT friends! So happy to have this friend state-side again (only to move across the country but still- its nice to be on the same continent :)


Doing a bit of work travel! I've been at my job for nearly a year now and have gotten to meet some really incredible people doing some much-needed work for the food and agriculture system in the one and only U.S. of A. The biggest trip was a visit to two of our grantees in Mississippi and Alabama where I got to see the movement taking shape in the Deep South and, more importantly, where I discovered my love for persimmons. 




Knitting! I learned to knit over the Thanksgiving break and so far have knit some scarves and a few hats. I've learned a lot along the way and my addictive personality has begun to show through, knitting into the wee hours of the morning and sneaking in a row or two between emails at work. I'm enjoying learning new techniques, discovering different patterns, and giving away my knitted items to family and friends.


And finally, enjoying the holidays with my beautiful family. Wrapping presents with Fluff, ice skating in Arlington, and finding that sneaky elf, Sebastian.









No comments: