THIS is a map of the metro. I ride it frequently to and from work. Why a picture of the metro map? Well, I'm pretty sure I'm not allowed to take pictures in the Pentagon Metro (for obvious safety reasons). However, this day must be documented! This is the day you will always remember as the closest you have come to losing to the metro, while still claiming victory! Card into the turnstile, card out of the turnstile. Red lights blinking. Train pulls into the station on the floor below. You have to run, IN A SKIRT!(Thank goodness the escalator was working that day because it's sometimes on the fritz... I love that word). Down the escalator at lightening speeds. sprinting past people (throwin bows for anyone you stood in my path... not really though) The doors begin to close. "Please step back and allow the doors to close" No metro voice lady!!! I refuse to "step back to allow the doors to close" Turn sideways, slide onto the train car just in time! Sit and smile as onlookers marvle in the glory of my victory. Point Alyssa in the metro vs. me saga.
Wednesday, July 14, 2010
DAY 12..... 13 July 2010
THIS is a map of the metro. I ride it frequently to and from work. Why a picture of the metro map? Well, I'm pretty sure I'm not allowed to take pictures in the Pentagon Metro (for obvious safety reasons). However, this day must be documented! This is the day you will always remember as the closest you have come to losing to the metro, while still claiming victory! Card into the turnstile, card out of the turnstile. Red lights blinking. Train pulls into the station on the floor below. You have to run, IN A SKIRT!(Thank goodness the escalator was working that day because it's sometimes on the fritz... I love that word). Down the escalator at lightening speeds. sprinting past people (throwin bows for anyone you stood in my path... not really though) The doors begin to close. "Please step back and allow the doors to close" No metro voice lady!!! I refuse to "step back to allow the doors to close" Turn sideways, slide onto the train car just in time! Sit and smile as onlookers marvle in the glory of my victory. Point Alyssa in the metro vs. me saga.
Labels:
D.C.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment