Wednesday, July 14, 2010

DAY 13..... 14 July 2010


For Alyssa and Abigail Chrisinger, the first encounter freshman year was love at first sight. And the love fern represents this love (I am aware this plant is not technically in the "fern" family, but whatever!!). After numerous attempts to keep a fish (Huck Finn may you rest in peace) we decided to give plant life a try. Purchased from Wal*Mart in the dead of winter, the love fern had a rough beginning. After the trip home, things were looking grim, wilted leaves and all. But Abigail and I nursed it back to life. In the end, I think it was the love that saved him. I cherish the fern like I cherish my dearest Abigail. So much so that the fern has ridden shotgun in my car on several rides to and from JMU. I have custody during the summers (probably because I have no life and will of course water it daily) and so it graces my home, I think of Gail and the times we shared as proud parents of the fern. It has been re-potted three times (due to it's ever continuing growth). It may not have flowers or fancy colors, but it always will have a special place in my heart. As will Abigail. :) Viva the love fern!

No comments: