Thursday, March 10, 2011

WEEK 37 part 2


Ah Carl's ice cream. A timeless classic. Emphasis on the timeless because it is now the 21st century and they still DON'T TAKE CREDIT CARDS. This is a serious problem for a gal who doesn't carry around any cash (ME). So I put it on my BFF tab courtesy of Sarah G. for now. But it got me thinking about Klines and its equally delicious (if not more delicious, dare I say) goodness which CAN be purchased with a card. This prompted me to do what any sensible over-organized ice-cream lover with far too much times on their hands would do (aka Brittany Jones and myself)- make a pro con list.
Carl's
Pro- It's on the National Register of Historic Places listings in Virginia
and also included in Rick Sebak's "An Ice Cream Show" on PBS (thanks Wikipedia)
Con- Sometimes the lines are super long
Pro- It brings back memories and feelings of nostalgia from high school
Con- come of the cashiers are kind of rude... although I might be a little cranky too if I had to be around ice cream all day and couldn't have any.
Pro- it IS pretty tastey.
Con- CASH ONLY. what is this 1947? (fun fact: that's when they opened!)

Kline's
Pro- Flavor of the week makes it extra special (and I always know the flavor of the week thanks to my Kline's flavor of the week calendar which doubles as a coupon- HOLLAH for free stuff).
Con- Sometimes the flavor of the week is gross.
Pro- There are two locations to choose from.
Con- sometimes both flavors are gross.
Pro- they're vanilla/chocolate are delicious enough to fall back on in the rare instance the above con occurs.
Con- I've never run into Ms. Truslow at Kline's.
Pro- YOU CAN PAY WITH CARDS :)

2 comments:

Ashley Viars said...

love the pro and con list....but I must say, Kline's is the best....hands down.

AV said...

I was thinking of leaving a P.s- please do put your opinion and I'll keep a little survey, see who wins" but knwoing yuo are the only person who comments and I knew you would pick Klines, (as would I) Klines would win b y default with a 2-0 lead :) lol