I know the whole point of this blog is to keep a picture journal of sorts but I have something to write about that simply can't be captured in a picture. And also, it's my blog so I can do what I want :)
This week's post: pet peeves that have recently bugged me more than usual.
First up: FILLER WORDS. Oh, the horror. Well, like, yeah, you know?, so uhh, and yeah, I dunno, know what I mean?.... AHHH stop it!
2nd: things people say a lot that are not necessarily filler words. Examples: one of my professors says "by in large" and "Vis-a-vis" like it is LITERALLY HIS JOB. If he had a nickel every time he said one of those phrases.. he'd have a lot of nickels. Seriously, I've counted.
Similarly, when people start every sentence with, "well, I was just going to say.." NO. Stop right there. You ARE saying it NOW so just skip that sentence and move on with what you're saying!
Lastly, (for now/until people find more ways to annoy me): loud breathers (with the exception of Sarah, of course) Example: this kid sitting next to me in Miller Lab, who is actually the reason for this post. I can't concentrate on the paper I'm supposed to be writing... that's how loud he is. Did you just run a marathon? No. You have been sitting here the past 15 minutes same as I have and you don't even have sneakers on. CONTROL YOUR RESPIRATION. If he keeps breathing at this rate I fear the room will be depleted of good oxygen. By in large, what I'm um saying is, like, save some O2 for the rest of us vis-a-vis not breathing so loud, ya know?
Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone :)
1 comment:
bah hahahah omg lyss you CRACK ME UP!!!! haha i am now loud breahting becuase i can't catch my breath...hahah love you!
Post a Comment