More classes and then a tour of Imperial Tarragona... I think it's safe to say I have now seen every square inch of Old Tarragona but it never gets old (haha no pun intended). After, the usual routine of Raffa Gelati with the girls (we are determined to try every flavor before we leave. Today was dark chocolate). Finally, Elena taught me to make a Spanish Tortilla (very different than a mexican tortilla, google it!) so I can make it when I return to the states! Since I didn't take many pictures today I would like to touch on the waste management system here in Spain. Strange, I know, but I fing it very efficient. There a many different containers at various locations throughout the city. Everyone seperates their garbage into paper, plastic, glass, organic (like fruits, veggies, bread, etc), and other. Then you take your trash to the proper dumpster and voila! Recycling is easy as 1, 2, 3! As far as I can tell, it doesn't cost anyone extra to use any of these services, eliminating one of the two reasons Americans don't recycle. the first being cost and the second being pure laziness. America, please take note.
Tuesday, May 24, 2011
DIA 325... 24 de mayo 2011
More classes and then a tour of Imperial Tarragona... I think it's safe to say I have now seen every square inch of Old Tarragona but it never gets old (haha no pun intended). After, the usual routine of Raffa Gelati with the girls (we are determined to try every flavor before we leave. Today was dark chocolate). Finally, Elena taught me to make a Spanish Tortilla (very different than a mexican tortilla, google it!) so I can make it when I return to the states! Since I didn't take many pictures today I would like to touch on the waste management system here in Spain. Strange, I know, but I fing it very efficient. There a many different containers at various locations throughout the city. Everyone seperates their garbage into paper, plastic, glass, organic (like fruits, veggies, bread, etc), and other. Then you take your trash to the proper dumpster and voila! Recycling is easy as 1, 2, 3! As far as I can tell, it doesn't cost anyone extra to use any of these services, eliminating one of the two reasons Americans don't recycle. the first being cost and the second being pure laziness. America, please take note.
Labels:
food,
Going Green,
travel
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment