Thursday, June 2, 2011

DIA 334... 2 de junio 2011

This morning on my way to class I had 2 separate one way conversations with older ladies. The first was rambling about some apparent eye issues. I only know this because she kept pointing at her eye and covering up her left eye. It was like bilingual charades. I just kept nodding and smiling, occassionally making a sympathetic face, waiting for the crosswalk to save me. THEN, I was waiting for friends to walk to class and some lady asked me a question. First of all, my ipod was playing so I couldn´t hear her. When I took my earphones out it didn´t really make a difference because she was speaking Catalan. I said "uh... ¿qué?", at which point she gave me a "stupid american.." look and pointed at my watch. Too embarrassed to try and tell her the time I just shoved my watch in her face and let her tell her own time. "what time is it you ask? Time for you to get a watch". That just got added to my list of phrases to learn.
Lunch then a bit of shopping (but within reason of course), homework and take home quizes I wanted to finish before weekend activities then dinner with the group at Pizza Nostra. Que elegante! Port Aventura mañana for montaña rusas! :) Sorry no picture, not too many photo opportunities of me doing homework on a rainy day!

No comments: