Thursday, July 7, 2011

These are a few of my favorite things...



More specifically two of my favorite things: crafts and recycling. The first I owe to my parents for supplying the supplies (I crack myself UP!), as well as Linda for more supplies and inspiration. The second is just in my blood. Again, it's my frugality but not for my self this time, for the world and all its inhabitants. Why buy a new shelf when I can make one out of old books no one will ever read?! I wouldn't! So I went to Porter Library for their monthly book sale (A bag of books was a measly $1, so I got 2!) I picked them out doing what they always say you shouldn't do... I judged by the cover (but I think this is acceptable because I don't plan on reading them, just looking at them). It was hard to limit myself because there were some really cool ones. I wanted to stuff a little book titled "Indian Chiefs" in my bag but had flash backs of Hoarders on TLC and reconsidered: put the book down and step away from the table! Anyway, just a few screws and some L hinges, SHAZAM, a "book shelf" (haha get it? A shelf MADE OF books! Seriously, I'm my own entertainment...) You should know I don't use the explitive "shazam" for just anything and the fact that it's in all caps further emphasizes how stoked I am about this little gems.

No comments: