Saturday, September 10, 2011

First Annual Tour and Taste



Greetings and salutations! Just a little blurb about my saturday morning. After receieving some unexpected but very exciting visitors (who are currently refugees from their school in flooded Bloomsburg, PA) I awoke early Saturday morning to get my bike on while benefiting the Valley Aids Foundation!! Brittany and I arrived to find a swarm of road bike wielding Lance Armstrong wanna-be's. I'm ashamed to say if it were not for Brittany I might have turned right around and gone home. But the race began around 9:15am and we were off!! Happy to report we hung with a pack of people the majority of the "race" and they had all kinds of snacks along the way! More than the satisfaction of finishing a 25 mile bike ride under 2.5 hours, we got to see a side of Harrisonburg I never have before! Beautiful rolling hills and expansive farmlands freckled with cows and horses here and there. Totally worth it! At the end there was a wine tasting. Not being in the mood to sip on wine all day, I tried one so I could get the free glass and left :) First annual Tour and Taste: great success. If I get a picture from Brittany soon I will post it!

No comments: