Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Creating a New Routine for the New Year!

The word resolution just has a bad connotation, maybe it's because of all the fact all my previous "New Year's Resolutions" were way too specific and only lasted a month, tops. This year I have decided to set a broad goal for myself: to cook more! Up until now my cooking skills have relied on boxed cupcake mix, toasters, and the trusty George Foreman (no disrespect, Mr. Foreman). It has been a month and I have started slow but I am hopeful for the future. I mastered the famous peanut chicken stir fry my mom makes from a magazine recipe (so many ingredients) My favorite meal of January cooking: I recreated The Johnny Appleseed Panini from Union Station... delicious!

2 slices of bread
slices of green apple
Havarti cheese
bacon

Put it in the panini maker! EAT IT!
I made green beans and baked sweet potato fries to go with it. Put some extra slices of apple on the side and VOILA! dinner time.
Stay tuned, the kitchen is just warming up!

No comments: