Thursday, June 21, 2012

Day 3: For the love of chickens and cows

The past three days, dairy and eggs have been the thing holding me
back from most of the foods I want to eat, not meat.


Examples:
I want .....

-a bagel and cream cheese... STAT.

-real milk to mix with real Ovaltine.

-Cool whip and shortcake with my strawberries

-I almost ate a piece of cheese on my black bean burger yesterday... close one!

-They're having a bake sale at work today... all things sweet,
delicious, and made with eggs/butter. boo.

-First thing I'm eating Saturday morning.... a greek yogurt.



I realize a lot of these have vegan friendly substitutes... but I'm too
busy during the week to go to a store and hunt them down... and too poor.
 
BREAKFAST:

Vegan pancakes (with strawberry slices and blueberries!) (recipe from
memory.. don't quote me on this...)

-1 cup soy (almond) milk

-2 Tbsp vegetable oil

-1 cup flour

-2Tbsp baking powder

-1Tbsp sugar


LUNCH:

-pbj

-pasta salad

-apple slices with peanut butter


DINNER:

-Attempted asian noodles... not good. ate watermelon for dinner instead.

No comments: