Friday, April 26, 2013

Miscellaneous Critters

I didn't take a ton of pictures on our field study, 50% because I was afraid it was going to rain and ruin electronics every second of everyday and 50% because I was too exhausted to put any real effort in preserving memories digitally. And since a blog post is no fun without pictures, I only posted about the days I had pictures for but I assure you there was much studying, lecturing, and learning happening during our 8 day exploration of the Osa Peninsula. 

To fill in some of the gaps I will use these photos of miscellaneous critters and various captions :)

Costa Rican fetch: a random dog, a coconut, and vast expanses of beach for throwing and fetching at Bahia Ballena. While there we walked the whale's tail and spoke with some tour guides and one very unenthusiastic park guard. 

Jeni made friends with yet another stray dog (look, he's smiling!!) while chilling in Puerto Jimenez after lunch awaiting our journey back to Ciudad Colon. 

Dirty, happy pigs at Lapa Rios, a five leaf eco-resort in Puerto Jiminez founded to protect the forest. 


Puercospine we found in a tree outside park entrance to Bahia Ballena

the tarantula that we found in a friend's house while eating pad thai upon arrival back in Ciudad Colon, and we thought the insects of unusual size were behind us...

We weren't taking any chances...

1 comment:

Mom said...

You are so funny! You should write a weekly column for a newspaper. You make me laugh every time I read your blog. Love you and counting down the days until you come home, although I feel sad that life here is not as exciting as there.