La Maison Ladurée in Paris. Where I tasted my first macaron. It was like nothing I had ever had before. It was love at first bite.
With all my free time this winter break, I decided it was time to try and replicate this delicate decadent delight (emphasis on the try. I was ambitious but I knew there was no way I could do it, especially on the first go... sorry Yoda, this is a "try" as opposed to "do or do not" situation).
After reading horror stories about battles with the mighty macaron, I was prepared for the worst. Maybe that's why I was pleasantly surprised when the worst I encountered was a burning deltoid from all the egg white-whipping- Dad had to step in and we took turns whisking. Next time, electric beater for sure.
Here's the result: For starters...they had feet (though not all the way around on some leaving them a bit caddywhompus) and none of the shells cracked (which I understand to be quite an accomplishment).
They were certainly not uniform- a wide array of shapes and sizes (but everyone found a near perfect match so that's the important thing I suppose!) Also, the shells were hollow instead of flat on the bottom (I blame Martha Stewart and her recipe).
| look at the little feet! |
Finally, the chocolate ganache filling was delicious- tempted to eat it by the spoonful.
| they're almost as fun to take pictures of as they are to eat. so adorable. |
3 comments:
I want a macaroooonnnn!!! yum Paris. yum.
Hey Alyssa...Wanted to say hi. I killed my computer and it took me a while to find you after Cassie gave me hers. Have to reestablish my "favorites" again. Hope your still living life to the fullest and I look forward to popping in to your blog again.
Thanks Linda! Sorry about your computer, but glad Cassie is so willing to share :) I need to update my blog! And we must paint soon!! Class and work are kicking my butt now but we will paint again!
Post a Comment