This summer's garden experiment has been a learning process. We planted more seeds than last year but still kept the effort to a minimum... which may explain the not so bountiful harvest :) Next year must resolve to try harder.
Nevertheless! We got some good edible produce and I believe what they say is true- if you grow it yourself you are more inclined to try it. As a dedicated raw tomato-hater for all of my 24 years of life, I am putting forth an honest effort to make myself like them (or at least tolerate them). I have faith in the powers of this method due to its overwhelming success in my quest to make myself like coffee (because I wanted to be a grown-up) and tea (because I thought it would go well with my British accent). So far, I am at the "tolerating them" stage of the process- and these little guys are playing a big role in my conversion.
 |
| Fresh picked |
Sure the carrots are puny and the collards have been torn to pieces by little caterpillar-looking critters, but my jalapenos were on the fast-track to guacamole. That is, until some unknown backyard creature stole the entire plant! The mystery culprit didn't just take a nibble out of one of my beautiful, prized jalapenos, or even steal one pepper. They took the ENTIRE plant. Needless to say, I will be practicing my slingshot skills this winter in preparation for redemption next summer. Justice will be served.
 |
| Gone without a trace. |
Until next time, happy harvesting.
No comments:
Post a Comment