Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Welcome to Beantown

A few weekends ago, I flew to Boston for the first time! Save for our family trip to Niagara Falls as a kid, I believe this marks the northernmost point I have been to in the United States.
Flying over the coast to Boston! The fluffy clouds reminded me of plowed snow.

What a great trip! I got to hear some authentic Boston accents (though I did not spot Marky Mark anywhere... oh well. Next time), row on the Charles River, take a boat cruise on the Boston Harbor, eat (or attempt to) an entire cannoli at Mike's Pastry in the North End, stroll around Harvard Square, see the Public Garden and Public Library, and so much more. But most importantly, I got to experience it all with Miss Sarah Lee. We packed as much adventure as we could into our 3 day excursion in search of Boston's finest- and we found it! All of it!

Made for us!

Feeling (and looking) a little wind-blown after our City View Trolley Tour

The State House in all its Golden Glory

Boston skyline from the harbor

Holy Cannoli is right. Ricotta overload. Mike's Pastry in the North End after Improv Asylum. 

Some of the most beautiful buildings I have seen! Loved the architecture.

No comments: