Tuesday, July 19, 2011

I Moonlight as... a carpenter.

I just love that saying. You may hate your day job, but.... SILVER LINING, you could moonlight as whatever you want!
Anyway, in an effort to gain knowledge in a plethora of manly topics (like cars, mowing the lawn, grillin' steaks, etc), I am taking on the tablesaw, chopsaw, and the jigsaw (my favorite of all saws because it makes me picture a little saw wearing a kilt and doing a jig and if you don't think that's funny... well you need to seek professional help) and other manly tools in order to build my very own cornhole set. Crafts again, I know but IT'S WHO I AM. In these pictures I am channeling my inner Amy Wynn Pastor from Trading Spaces (Holy Blast-from-the-Past Batman!). After all, she was who I aspired to be as a kid. Right after Misty May (a sand volleyball god) and Samantha Brown (she has her own travel show so that one was a no-brainer). Anyway, after measuring twice and cutting once (as pop advised) we have all our materials ready to be slapped together. Will post pictures of the final product later :) Stay tuned!

No comments: