Sunday, July 17, 2011

You can call me Jane. Calamity Jane.

Off we go for my first time at the shooting range to check another item off the bucket list! Father and I journeyed to Clark Brothers for a bit of target practice. I shot a black powder rifle, a 357 pistol, and a 20 gauge shotgun. The pistol was the scariest at first and my hands were shaking when I held it so I wasn't hitting much of the target but the gentleman working there taught me a bit of technique and it was all over from there. Paper target, prepare to be schooled. After each shot dad would look through the binoculars to see what we got.




I kept my targets as a souvenir for the day. After this experience I've made peace with the fact that I'm a lousy darts player because in an instance of self defense what is more useful practice, throwing darts or shooting bullets? Exactly.

No comments: