Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Musical Guess Who... Slugging Style


Who doesn't love a good guessing game? I agree. They're the best. 21 questions? Every car trip. It forces you to be creative and think outside the box whether you thought of the item or you're guessing it. So I started making up my own guessing games. My favorite is Musical Guess Who Slugging Style. Back when Verizon was cool and they had free song ID (where you press listen and 5 seconds later your phone tells you the title and artist of the song playing) I would text it to a friend and have them guess who is driving. Example: I text you XM Station Willie's Roadhouse "Country with a Taste of Texas" (I couldn't make this up people)Song is Silver Dew on the Bluegrass Tonight (seriously, real life I promise). If you then responded "a portly older fellow who ran over the curb when he pulled over to pick up to the slug line and left his left turn signal on for 237 tick tick ticks before he noticed he didn't turn it off" then you would be correct! Of course we would have taken a less specific response but the more detailed the better. Just to clarify, he really did pull up on the curb. Maybe he thought we were playing the floor is lava (excellent game) and really wanted me to get home with my legs intact. AND, he did really let the blinker click 237 times. I counted. It got harder and harder not to laugh and I knew the guy in the back was thinking the same thing. Maybe not counting, but thinking about how funny it was.

No comments: