Today at work my coworker convinced me to do yogalates with her, a mix of yoga and pilates. Having recieved a yoga mat a few years back for Christmas and some dvd instructionals I was super gung-ho about it for a good 3 months then I fell off the bandwagon.
My poor little yoga mat sits waiting in my closet, desperately hoping to be put to good use.
So today, thinking it really couldn't hurt I agreed, for my friend more than myself.
It was SUPERB. Not only am I totally over wanting to rip my gsci professor to pieces on the end of the year evaluation but all my stress just melted away. The teacher's voice was soothing and during all the warrior poses she convinced me I was actually going into battles, coming out alive on the other end with a "victorious warrior" pose after each. And then there were the pilates. No flailing around in a pilates class my friend, it is all about control! I feel like a powerful bundle of unstoppable muscle! HOO-AH.
So go out and try something new today my friends and find the warrior within yourself!Namaste :)

No comments:
Post a Comment