Today Jeni and I walked down to el centro for the farmer's market. Plenty to see, taste, and take home! A man was selling young coconuts for 300 colones (about 75 cents). He cut the bottom and top a bit then carved a hole in the top to expose a little soft spot then poked a straw through the top. He told me when I finished drinking it to come back. And so I did! He cut off all the outside green shell with his giant machete, cut the coconut in half, and gave me a piece of the outer shell to use as a spoon for eating the flesh of the coconut! It was delicious, cheap, and surprisingly filling. I plan to make agua de pipa a weekly event with Roger the coconut vendor :)
I also bought avocados, cilantro, garlic, and all the fixings for a delicious bowl of "Oprah's Guacamole" to share with the family, que rico!
1 comment:
oh my goodness!! that market is insane!! I am jealous!! Brin gme home a coconut please?!
Post a Comment