Thursday, May 8, 2014

Garden Progress

Our little seeds have come a long way since the day we received them in the mail!

They look to be surviving in the 5 gallon buckets on the back porch. All the rain and sunshine has done them well and we are hopeful for a healthy harvest in a few short months. After the labels were removed, I kind of lost track of our two types of tomatoes (cherry and gold medal) and two peppers (jalapeno and bell). So I'm looking forward to finding out which is which when they begin to bear fruit! Not pictured below are collards, kale (which I did not start from the seed but is doing well and I can't wait for mom to be able to throw in green smoothies!) chard, beets, carrots, eggplant, cucumber, watermelon, and a few others I'm sure I have forgotten!
Mystery Tomato

Mystery Peppers


Even the seeds we planted on the side of the house are making some progress. We planted these a month or so after the seed starter tray and they are starting to sprout too, despite heavy rain and poor drainage. We thought it was a lost cause but fingers crossed they continue to flourish!

Little carrot sprouts growing on the side of the house. 
Mixed Lettuce

No comments: